[ferret_users] Descriptive file problem

Hi,
   I am using Ferret v6.1. I am trying to make a descriptive file where each dataset has monthly mean values and hence has only a single time step. The trouble is that i am unable to read in more than 8 months from the start. The descriptive file has the following entries:

&FORMAT_RECORD
   D_TYPE    = '  MC',
   D_FORMAT    = '  1A',
   D_SOURCE_CLASS    = 'model output'
/
&BACKGROUND_RECORD
   D_EXPNUM    = 'xyz'
   D_MODNUM    = ' ',
   D_TITLE    = 'xyz',
   D_T0TIME    = '01-Sep-0000 00:00'
   D_TIME_UNIT    = 86400.0,
   D_CALTYPE    = 'noleap',
   D_TIME_MODULO    = .false.,
/
&MESSAGE_RECORD
   D_MESSAGE    = ' ',
   D_ALERT_ON_OPEN    = t,
   D_ALERT_ON_OUTPUT    = f,
/
&EXTRA_RECORD
/
&STEPFILE_RECORD
   S_FILENAME    = 'dset1.nc',
   S_AUX_SET_NUM    = 0,
   S_START    = 30.0,
   S_END    = 30.0,
   S_DELTA    = 1,
   S_NUM_OF_FILES    = 1,
/
&STEPFILE_RECORD
   S_FILENAME    = 'dset2.nc',
   S_AUX_SET_NUM    = 0,
   S_START    = 61.0,
   S_END    = 61.0,
   S_DELTA    = 1,
   S_NUM_OF_FILES    = 1,
/

...and so on...till,

&STEPFILE_RECORD
   s_filename    = '**END OF STEPFILES**'
/

   On using the descriptive file, i get the error:
 FILL var1
 **ERROR: illegal limits: VAR1 does not contain T=01-SEP-0000
          Data are available in L =    1:-236
CONTOUR/FILL var1
Command file, command group, or REPEAT execution aborted

The SHOW DATA command lists the time axis for the time dependent variables as 1:-236. How is this possible? If i use only 7 months of data, i get no error.

  If i use other descriptive files that call netCDF files having daily data, i again get no such problems. Please suggest a solution.

--
Thanks in advance,
Samrat Rao