Re: [ferret_users] Ferret requirements, RAM or CPU?

Title: Ferret requirements, RAM or CPU?
Hi Vincent,
There are probably a number of considerations here. Ferret doesn't have anything that specifically lets it make use of multiple processors, so unless you're running more than one Ferret job at once I don't know that that would have much impact. If you're not getting messages about Ferret not having enough memory to do commands, then Ferret is not running into limitations there. If you are able to get rid of any such errors with a SET MEMORY/SIZE= then this is not really a limitation either.  The speed of the processor(s) will of course also have an effect.

Anyone else have comments?

Ansley

VINCENT_LEFOUEST@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi,

I'd be interested to know what could best improve Ferret execution speed, either more RAM or Dual/Quad processors?

Thanks for any advice

Vincent