Re: [ferret_users] how to make "curved arrow" plot?

Hi all,
Here's the image that Yangxing had attached. Let's see if it'll go through.

Without knowing the algorithm used to make these it's hard to know what it would take for a Ferret script to create something like this.  But we have had various contributions for different ways to draw vectors, so if anyone wants to give it a whirl that would be great.

curved vector plot
yangxing zheng wrote:

Hi,

   I am wondering if ferret is able to make

"curved arrow" plots for u,v fields? If you have
any idea of how to do it, please let me know.By the way, it
is not streamline or stream flow in the attached figure,
therefore ferret command FLOW, or VECTOR/flowline does not
work for this purpose.

   By the way, the attached figure was made using NCL.

Unfortunately I am not familiar with NCL. If someone knows
NCL and knows how to do that, will you please send the
script to me?

   Thank you!

   Yangxing