Re: [ferret_users] annual totals from monthly time series

Hi Ansley,

Thanks, this now works! To recap, I create a time axis whose edges are exactly 01-Jan 00:00 UTC of every year. This axis is called "tannual". As Ansley states, the points on this axis are unevenly spaced. Then regridding a variable with a monthly time step, called in this case "nee", to this axis provides the annual means I'm looking for:

let indices = L[L=1:6]
let year = 1999 + indices
define axis/units=days/t0=1-jan-1900/edges tannual = days1900(year,1,1)
list nee[gt=tannual@ave]

Best Regards,

Andy

--