Re: [ferret_users] MULTI-FILE NETCDF DATA SET

Ferret users,

| there is another problem with the descriptor files. Some fortran
| flavours need a "$"in the beginning of a namelist statement, some
| require a "&".

That is a good point, which I'd like to further clarify.

The "&" form is the correct Fortran syntax (Metcalf and Reid 1999).
Therefore ALL Fortran implementations have to support it.
The other form(s) with "$" is (are) non-standard, meaning that some
implementations support them and others don't.

| My records look like this:
|
|  &STEPFILE_RECORD
|    S_FILENAME           = 'RUN.2002.09.21ocean_day3d.nc',
|    S_AUX_SET_NUM        = 0,
|    S_START              = 12.500000,
|    S_END                = 17.500000,
|    S_DELTA              = 5,
|    S_NUM_OF_FILES       = 1,
|    S_REGVARFLAG         = ' ',
|  /

This is the correct form (I think).

Ryo
Metcalf, M. and J. Reid. 1999. Fortran 90/95 Explained. 2nd Ed.
  Oxford University Press.