From: Ansley Manke <Ansley.B.Manke@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tuesday, September 2, 2008 10:19 am
Subject: Re: [ferret_users] Inf, NAN and **** output from rect_to_curv function
To: guimond@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: oar.pmel.ferret_users@xxxxxxxx

Hi Steve,
Thanks for reporting back. If the data is coming in from netCDF
files,
Ferret should convert to single precision on input (except for
coordinate axis values, that is 1-D axes, not curvilinear
coordinate
data which is read as variable fields and is in single precision ).
So
I'm not sure what may have been happening to make this happen, but
it's
good to know you're off and running.

Ansley

Stephen Guimond wrote:

I believe I found an answer to my own question.  My input data to

the

rect_to_curv function was in double precision (read in with type

r8)

and the output coordinates were in single precision therefore the
output must have been confused with the type and returned inf,

NAN and

**** values.  All I did was output the data to a file and then

read it

back in with single precision and the call to rect_to_curv worked.