From: owner-ferret_users@xxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-ferret_users@xxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Praveen V K
Sent: Monday, 18 August 2008 11:21 AM
To: ferret_users@xxxxxxxx
Subject: [ferret_users] Re: volume of watermass

Hi all,

let me know whether I am doing right or not.

I changed my tracer (temp) data into sigma levels using ZAXREPLACE

define axis/z=19:29:0.1 isoz
temp_iso = ZAXREPLACE(temp,sigma,z[gz=isoz])*0+1 ! to make everything to
1

   Now to find volume of a watermass in a specified sigma level
(27.6-27.7), I did following

Let  vol = temp_iso[x=@din,y=@din,z=27.6:27.7@din]

note: I have the proper masking

Am I doing the right?

Thanks

Praveen

Hi all,
I have a 3D density data, derived from my model tracers.
Can ferret calculate the volume of watermass between a specified
isopycnal range?

Any suggestions will be a great help.

Praveen

Praveen V K