Re: [ferret_users] Ferret to access ipcc opendap server

Hi Ansley and Ryo,

I also successfully accessed the restricted model output after downgrading FERRET from v6.1 to v6.02 on a 32-bit Linux box:

$ ferret
        NOAA/PMEL TMAP
        FERRET v6.02
        Linux(g77) 2.4.21-32 - 04/30/07
         2-Aug-08 12:02

yes? use "http://user:passwd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/cgi-bin/dap-cgi.py/ipcc4/sresa1b/miroc3_2_hires/pcmdi.ipcc4.miroc3_2_hires.sresa1b.run1.ocn.mo.xml"
 *** NOTE: netCDF bounds variable definition error
 *** NOTE: Bounds "lat_bnds" must be 2x dimension of lat_361
 *** NOTE: Ignoring BOUNDS attribute
 *** NOTE: Axis definition error on axis: time_1194
 *** NOTE: Bounds given describe non-contiguous axis cells
 *** NOTE: Using the LOWER bound specified for each axis cell
 *** NOTE: unsupported ordering of axes in variable stfmmc
 *** NOTE: The default ordering will be used
yes?

Still looking forward to your hacked v6.1 though.

Thanks,
D.

On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 2:27 PM, Ryo Furue <furue@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Ansley

| I'm experimenting with this - it works fine with our 64-bit linux
| executable, and on a 32-bit machine, with the newest OPeNDAP
| libraries, the ncdump that's built along with the library does read
| a file with username and password.  I have not yet been successful
| building Ferret with these libraries.  Stay tuned!

Thank you for the answer!  After I wrote the last message of mine,
another colleague installed Ferret 6.10 on our 64-bit Linux
server, and password authentication does work on it.  That
perfectly agrees with what you say.  We can wait, since
password authentication works with Ferret 6.02 on my 32-bit
Linux machine and we have that 64-bit server, too.

Regards,
Ryo