Re: [ferret_users] sea floor

Hi Aleski,

I have used the attached journal for both zonal an meridional vertical sections, based in the etopo05 topography, and with the 'over' option on or off. I think that you only need to change the line where you specify where the topography file is located, and should work.

Good luck!

Benjamin

aleksi.nummelin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi!

I would like to add sea floor at my vertical cross section. Any idea how to do it? Obviously go land doesn't work, but is there a similar go tool for vertical cross sections? I can't specify the limits to be over 0 because I have negative values too.

- Aleksi Nummelin -

  Benjamin Jaimes
  PhD Candidate
  Division of Meteorology and Physical Oceanography (MPO)
  Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science (RSMAS)
  University of Miami
  4600 Rickenbacker Causeway
  Miami, FL, 33149-1098

  Telephone : 305.421.4628
  Fax       : 305.421.4696
  Email     : bjaimes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  http      : www.rsmas.miami.edu/personal/bjaimes/index.html
\cancel mode verify
!
! Display sea floor in a vertical section. Use etopo5
!
!                       $1     $2      $3      $4     $5
! use     : go ztopo x_scope y_scope  caxis  palette "()"
!
! examples: go ztopo 98w:81w 26n xaxis black "()"     ! zonal section: plot topography at the first place
!           go ztopo 90w 20n:32n yaxis black "()"     ! meridional section: plot topography at the first place
!           go ztopo 98w:81w 26n xaxis black "\over"  ! zonal section: plot topography over your data
!           go ztopo 90w 20n:32n yaxis black "\over"  ! meridional section: plot topography over your data
!
define region/default save
set data/save

define symb x_scope   = $1 ! zonal scope to plot
define symb y_scope   = $2 ! meridional scope to plot
define symb caxis     = $3 ! axis along which the vertical section runs (options: xaxis, yaxis)
define symb mpal      = $4 ! palette (any of the Ferret palettes)
define sym over_on    = $5 ! options "/over" (topography over your data) or "()" (topography before your data)

! modify this to your personal topography file
use "/dataDisk01/ferret_data/data/etopo05.nc"

set region/x=($x_scope)/y=($y_scope)
define symb maxis =`rose,return=($caxis)`

plot/nolabel/line/color=black rose

! define a fake sea floor at 20 000 m to use with fill_between
let depth0=rose*0 - 20000
go fill_between poly/over/noaxes/palette=($mpal)/nolabel rose ($maxis) depth0

cancel data etopo05
set data/restore
set region save
set mode/last verify