Re: [ferret_users] Why plot/thick=2 does not work sometimes

> Hi Peng,
> We have not had any reports of this kind of crash.  It's interesting
> that you say GO line_thickness works fine, but not your script, with
> /LINE=8
>
>     let xt=I[I=1:25]
>     let var1=sin(xt)
>     plot/line=8 var1
>
> Is that correct?

Hi Ansley,

That is correct. It also did not like plot/thick=2

> What is the computer platform, and what does the Ferret header say when
> you start Ferret?  For instance,
>
>         NOAA/PMEL TMAP
>         FERRET v6
>         Linux(g77) 2.4.21-32 - 08/23/06
>          8-Jul-08 13:00

For the older version:

cfe2.gpeng 55> ferret
        NOAA/PMEL TMAP
        FERRET v5.80
        Linux(g77) 2.4.18 - 01/03/05
        10-Jul-08 09:23

For version 6:
        NOAA/PMEL TMAP
        FERRET v6
        Linux(g77) 2.4.20 - 09/11/06
        10-Jul-08 09:23

> Can you run other scripts, for example:
>
> yes? go tutorial

Both v5.8 and v6. went through the tutorial fine. Just for the sake of it,
I tried to plot using line=8 and thick=2 again today. It worked fine this
time, even with v6.

Looking back, the system people were doing relocation of many system disks
when my problem surfaced. Thus, it is likely that the crash may be due to
the fact that the ferret package was partially removed from its path or
something like that.

If that is true, we can let go a sigh of relief. However, I am sorry for
incurring extra time and effort to you and Jaison.

Regards,

--- Peng