Re: [ferret_users] mp_polymark without grid data

Hi Hella,
You need an underlying grid for the map projection script to use when it makes the definitions for the projection variables. But you can draw the plot without showing the coads_climatology sst variable by just using a white palette. See if this does what you want:

use coads_climatology
go mp_stereographic_north
set grid sst
go mp_aspect
set region/x=0:360/y=00:90/l=1

shade/noaxis/PALETTE=white sst, x_page, y_page

use polydata
go mp_polymark poly/over/noaxis/key lon lat sst star 0.5

Hella Riede wrote:
Dear Ferret users,

I am trying to plot trajectories in stereographic north projection.

In the email archive, I found the following link:
http://www.pmel.noaa.gov/maillists/tmap/ferret_users/fu_2003/msg00729.html,
which gives an example, which also works in the adapted form here:

use coads_climatology
go mp_stereographic_north
set grid sst
go mp_aspect
set region/x=0:360/y=00:90/l=1
shade/noaxis sst, x_page, y_page
use polydata
go mp_polymark poly/over/noaxis/key lon lat sst star 0.5

However, I would like to plot data in stereograhic mode only with
polymark, where longitude, latitude and the polymark color variable
"pressure" are defined as xsequences. Is there a way to do that on a
predefined map (such as seen in mp_land) in stereographic north without
using any gridded dataset?

When I don't quit ferret and then try to plot with mp_polymark alone
from the above sample, the graphics are shifted in a strange way.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,
Hella