Re: [ferret_users] time axis of data set

Hi Aleksi,
You can see information about your variables and axes in a couple of different ways.  For a variable on the time axis, you can use the RETURN= keyword to get the information
yes? say `sst,return=tunits`
yes? say `sst,return=torigin`
Or, you can use the attribute syntax. Say the axis is named TIMEAXIS
yes? list (TIMEAXIS).units  ! axis names need to be in parentheses
Another useful way to get all the attributes of a dataset, this command lists all the attribute information from a  file.
yes? show data/attr

aleksi.nummelin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi!

How can i find out what kind of time axis my data set has (how long time steps are)? I know the time axis has 544 (L=1:544) points but i dont know if the steps are days or hours.

thanks for help, Aleksi Nummelin.