Re: [ferret_users] Calculating relative vorticity

Hi Savin,

| Just one query, your formula for calculating relative vorticity in ferret in
| fine provided we ASSUME zeta = du/dx - dv/dy. BUT I think the actual formula
| for calculating relative vorticity is zeta = dv/dx - du/dy. This may lead to
| slight modification to the code. Please verify.

I'm afraid I'm not sure if I understand what you mean.  It's
not an ASSUMPTION.  The vertical component of relative
vorticity IS

  zeta = dv/dx - du/dy

(after suitable approximations; See Billy's and my
latest messages).  Therefore, the Ferret code you use must
correspond to the formula above.  And I think I wrote such
a Ferret code (with at least one syntax error and probably
with some other errors :) in my initial message.

Does this answer your question?

Hope this helps,
Ryo