Re: [ferret_users] seting time-constant value to a map

Hi Francois,
To average over all of L, you can define a variable

  yes? let var2 = var1[L=@ave]

Then var2 will depend only on X and Y.

I'm not sure if that is what you wanted. You can specify limits on the average, for instance var1[L=1:3@ave], or use a transformation, say a smoother. Make sure your X axis is defined as a MODULO axis, so that time wraps around from December to January. Then for instance you might define

  yes? let var3 = var1[L=@SBX:3]

which would replace each value with the average of the times at L-1, L, and L+1.
Or you could do an indefinite integral

  yes? let var4 = var1[L=@IIN]

Ansley

DELCLAUX Francois wrote:
Hi Ferret Users,

I have a 3D file with variable var1(I, J, L). This a monthly seasonal file where L varies from 1 to 12.

Now I would like to have time contant value for each value of L i.e. a new variable var2 as follows:
var2(I, J, L) = var1(I, J, L@AVE) for L varying from 1 to 12.

What's the best procedure for getting var2  ?

Thanks