[ferret_users] descriptor files

Hi Ferreters,

I'd like to know if it is possible to use descriptor files by launching ferret from a directory they were not created in.

Let's say I have created a descriptor here :
home/blop/hist/mydescriptor.des that relates to several netcdf files that are in this directory.

I'd like to lauch ferret from another directory, let's say /home/blop/
If I do :

> use "home/blop/hist/mydescriptor.des"
It doesn't work
Even if I enter just : use "home/blop/hist/mydescriptor"
and if the descriptor file is "linuxized"... it still doesn't work.

Does anyone have a clue ?

Thanks,

Pierre

begin:vcard
fn:Pierre Sepulchre
n:Sepulchre;Pierre
org:UCSC - Dpt of Earth and Planetary Sciences;Paleoclimate and Climate Change Lab
adr:;;;Santa Cruz;California;95060;USA
email;internet:pierrese@xxxxxxxx
title:Postdoc
tel;work:(+001) 831 459 3504