[ferret_users] Defining long_name and standard_name for an axis

Hi,

How does one set the attributes 'long_name' and 'standard_name' for output to netCDF on an axis?

I can do this for a variable:

  DEFINE ATTRIBUTE/output PSAL.standard_name = "sea_water_salinity"

but for an axis defined like this:

  DEFINE AXIS/X/UNITS=deg LONGITUDE=-122.39965

I don't see how to set the long_name or standard_name.

I'm trying to get my data set to pass the CF compliance checker which is complaining like this:

Checking variable: LONGITUDE
WARNING (3): No standard_name or long_name attribute specified

-Mike

--
Mike McCann
Software Engineer