Re: [ferret_users] Calculating Probability Density Function

Archana, You might look at this, making a seasonal mask
http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/FERRET_17sep07/FAQ/analysis/seasonal_masking.html

You would need to change the definitions in the examples to get the months you want to choose.

Also run this script, which shows how to define probability density functions.

yes? go statistics_demo

It creates data on an x axis, and shows how to define statistics on that variable ARG.

Ansley

archana shrestha wrote:
Dear Ferreters,
I have ATM-ECHAMRF1961-89.des produced by merging 29
nc files using descripter.  I want to make probability
Density function (PDF) for seasonal rainfall for DJF,
JJAS, ON and MAM. My variable description is as below:

name     title            I      J         K         L
RT Total Precip 1:118 1:109 ... 1:348

I have looked at the Mail archive, but could not get
the appropriate answer. Do I need to first calculate
standard deviation and mean? If so how can I calculate
seasonal variance? Do I need to average my variable
over certain area? Can anyone help me to do this
analysis?

Thank you in advance
Archana

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ