[ferret_users] Calculating Probability Density Function

Dear Ferreters,
I have ATM-ECHAMRF1961-89.des produced by merging 29
nc files using descripter.  I want to make probability
Density function (PDF) for seasonal rainfall for DJF,
JJAS, ON and MAM. My variable description is as below:

name     title            I      J         K         L
RT       Total Precip   1:118   1:109     ...
1:348

I have looked at the Mail archive, but could not get
the appropriate answer. Do I need to first calculate
standard deviation and mean? If so how can I calculate
seasonal variance? Do I need to average my variable
over certain area? Can anyone help me to do this
analysis?

Thank you in advance
Archana

Be a better friend, newshound, and