Re: [ferret_users] color order

Changing the color order (or the colors) is easy.

Before the plot command:

PPL COLOR,n,r,g,b ! n is the pen number (1-6), and r,g,b are values from 0-100

You can reorder the colors or define them however you want. Personally, I find the usual green to be too light, so I almost always change it:

PPL COLOR,3,0,70,0     ! darker green

These definitions persist. Give them once in a session and that pen stays as defined until a new COLOR command is given.

One caution: You canNOT change a color that has already been used in a particular plot. Very unpredictable results ensue! There was some discussion of this a few years back. As I remember, Mick came up with a script that produced some really pathological color behavior by redefining colors already on the plot. Or maybe it was me, I don't remember. Anyway, you've got 6 colors to work with, that's all.

Billy K