Re: [ferret_users] complete seasonal cycle

Hi Pierre -

If the axis of "rain" is modulo (wraps around the year), then plot more than 1 year, while restricting the plot limits:

plot/set/l=0:13 rain     ! plot 14 months
ppl time,w000001010000,w000012312359 ! restrict the plot axes to one year
ppl txlint,1,0     ! label only months, not the year
ppl plot

The PPL TIME statement acts like /HLIMITS/VLIMITS for non-time axes; it restricts the plot but not the data plotted.
It's syntax is PPL TIME,wyyyymmddhhmm, wyyyymmddhhmm

To do January to January, I think this would work:

plot/set/l=1:13 rain     ! plot 13 months
ppl time,w000001150000,w000101150000 ! restrict the plot axes to 15- jan-0000 to 15-jan-0001
ppl txlint,1,0     ! label only months, not the year
ppl plot

This kind of structure works just as well for FILL plots, filling in the shading from 1 Jan through 31 Dec.

Billy K