Re: [ferret_users] Problem in producing climatology

Dear Ansley,
Thank you for the suggestions. I tried as per your
suggestion. But it didn't show anything. The results
are as below. Also I checked my descriptor file and
output file as suggested by David and Serena, it seems
ok. I am also attaching both the files if anyone can
help me.

Thank you
Archana

yes? set data ATM-ECHAMRF1961-89.des
 Warning: missing or improper date/time format for T0
in ATM-ECHAMRF1961-89

yes? show axis 'rt,Return-taxis'
 name       axis              # pts   start
    end

--- Ansley Manke <ansley.b.manke@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Archana,
> I agree with David about what the trouble is. One
> way to find out more
> about the time axis, is to "ask Ferret".
>
> yes? set data ATM-ECHAMRF1961-89.des
> yes? show axis `rt,RETURN=taxis`
>
> This will output several lines of information about
> the time axis of the
> variable, and if the calendar is not the default
> Gregorian calendar,
> then that information will be listed.  The output
> might look something
> like this:
>
> yes? show axis `a,return=taxis`
>  !-> show axis TIME_AX
>  name       axis              # pts   start
>       end
> TIME_AX  TIME              3653 r   01-JAN-1990
> 00:00    01-JAN-2000 00:00
> T0 = 15-JAN-1901 00:00:00
> CALENDAR = JULIAN
>    Axis span (to cell edges) = 3653
>

> David Wang wrote:
> > Hi Archana,
> >
> > A quick answer is, these climatological axes are
> by default defined on
> > the gregorian calendar. therefore, you have to
> make sure,
> >
> > 1. there is a calendar (attribute) on your time
> dimension;
> > 2. it has to be the gregorian.
> >
> > D.
> >
> > On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 10:16 AM, archana shrestha
>
> > <archanamet@xxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:archanamet@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
> >
> >     Dear Ferreters,
> >
> >     I am trying to produce the climatology by
> merging 29
> >     netcdf files using descripter Make_des.
> However I got
> >     following error. Can anyone help me to solve
> this?
> >

> >     Archana
> >
> >     yes?set data ATM-ECHAMRF1961-89.des
> >     yes? use climatological_axes
> >     /home/RAID2-D1/Ferret580/go/
> >      *** NOTE: regarding
> >
> /home/RAID2-D1/Ferret580/go/climatological_axes.cdf
> >      *** NOTE: Climatological axes SEASONAL_REG,
> >     MONTH_REG, and MONTH_IRREG defined
> >     yes? cancel data climatological_axes
> >     yes? let clim_precRF=RT[d=1,gt=month_reg@mod]
> >     yes? let clim_precA2=RT[d=2,gt=month_reg@mod]
> >     yes? let precRF_JJAS=clim_precRF[l=6:9@ave]
> >     yes? let precA2_JJAS=clim_precA2[l=6:9@ave]
> >     yes? fill precRF_JJAS
> >      **ERROR: regridding: only @ASN regridding
> between
> >     calendar and
> >              non-calendar axes: RT

> >     Be a better friend, newshound, and
> >     know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.  Try it now.

Ms. Archana Shrestha
  Meteorologist
  Department of Hydrology and Meteorology
  Babarmahal