Re: [ferret_users] Polynomial Fits

Stephen R. Guimond a écrit :
Ferreters,
I can only find linear fit functions in the manual and wondered if there are any polynomial or exponential fit functions hiding somewhere. Maybe there is an external function available for this purpose?
Hi all,
I have developped an external fucntion to interpolate a variable along an axis with linear, cosine, cubic and hermite methods based on algorithms described in
http://local.wasp.uwa.edu.au/~pbourke/other/interpolation/

The external function provided interpolates a variable on Z-AXIS but
it should be easy for each to adapt it for X,Y and T AXIS.

Sources, jnl for tests and result images are available from:
http://dods.ipsl.jussieu.fr/brocksce/ferret_ef/zinterpolate/

Comparing interpolation gives:
http://dods.ipsl.jussieu.fr/brocksce/ferret_ef/zinterpolate/test2.gif

Comparing cubic and hermite interpolation methods gives:
http://dods.ipsl.jussieu.fr/brocksce/ferret_ef/zinterpolate/spline_hermite_tension.swf

Hope that it will help
Patrick

--
LSCE/IPSL, Laboratoire CEA-CNRS-UVSQ
Data Analysis and Visualization Engineer