[ferret_users] usage of filters

Dear ferret users,

I would like to know the usage of a low pass filter with an example,

though it is very trivial I am having a problem in using this filter on a time series data
lsl_lowpass

LOWPASS(A, cut off_period, filter_span)

how to select cut off period, (with ref to usage of the function I am not understanding. Hence needing the help from ferret

or is there any equaivalnet function avaialble in ferret?

With regards,

C. Kalyani

 Dr. C.Kalyani Devasena                Phone : +91 80  25051904, 25051905.
 Research Associate
 CSIR Centre for Mathematical-           E-mail: kalyani@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Modelling and Computer Simulation (C-MMACS)
 NAL Belur Campus,
 Bangalore - 560 037,
 India.