[ferret_users] shade, viewport and mode gif

Hi all,

I have encountered a problem when I produce plot with colored background.
I get different results (colored background or not) when :
- I use mode ferret -gif or not
- I use command shade with 1 argument (shade var) or with 3 arguments (shade var,lon,lat)

The script reproducing the error is available from:
http://dods.ipsl.jussieu.fr/brocksce/ferret_bugs/err608_shade_viewport_mode_gif.jnl

$ ferret -gif -script err608_shade_viewport_mode_gif.jnl
- gives a bad result with shade (1 argument)
http://dods.ipsl.jussieu.fr/brocksce/ferret_bugs/err608_shade_viewport_mode_gif_1.gif
- gives expected result with shade (3 arguments)
http://dods.ipsl.jussieu.fr/brocksce/ferret_bugs/err608_shade_viewport_mode_gif_2.gif

whereas
$ ferret -script err608_shade_viewport_mode_gif.jnl
works correclty in both cases

Note: Producing plots with colored colored background (from RVB values or named colors) is possible using
a script called background_color.jnl. See
background_color_demo01.jnl
background_color_demo02.jnl
Scripts can be download with:
cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/home/ioipsl/CVSROOT export -r FAST_608_1_0 fast