[ferret_users] Re: your mail

On Wed, 20 Feb 2008, Dr. Sudheer Joseph wrote:

I am facing a problem with the sourcing of ferret_paths. I have a .login file which sources my ferret_paths in my usr/local directory. The problem is that if I am not disabling this this. I am not able to use scp for copying files from the machine to anywhere . though it is a major problem it is really annoying and each time one has to de activate ferret_paths. Can any one suggest an ideal solution?

This is caused by the ferret_paths needlessly echoing text when sourced, which causes scp to fail. If you can, edit the ferret paths and comment out the "echo" line(s). scp will then work.

daryl