Re: [ferret_users] Re: fill and modulo problem

Hi Patrick and Ansley,
                        It seems to be a problem with non-conventional
longitude values in all of those NetCDF files. Typically, we have longitudes
varying either 0E to 360E or 180W to 180E (in this case x-values will be
-180 to 180). In your dataset, longitudes vary from -280 to 360 and Ferret
gets confused with such a longitude range. Once you apply a correction to this,
both shade/fill with levels=15 or 10 will work just fine. It is quite interesting
that, even with confusing longitude values, FILL works comfortably for certain
values for /levels & SHADE works always!!!.....i have no clue.

Please have a trial with the attached demo file (together with your NetCDF
files). Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks and Regards,

Jaison