Re: [ferret_users] SRTM Data with Ferret

Hi Ansley and Mike,

Thaks for your help, specially by the simplicity of the provided script.

It worked fine to access SRTM data and I could generate some netCDF files.

However, the "/apped" qualifier do not worked to append side-by-side slabs. I wrote a shell script to run Mike's load_SRTM.jnl over all .hgt files and got the following error message, starting at the second file:

 LISTing to file cearatopo.cdf
 **TMAP ERR: error in line definition
             file coords dont match variable coords on axis LONGITUDE
LIST/FORMAT=CDF/file="cearatopo.cdf"/append hgt
Command file, command group, or REPEAT execution aborted
STOP -script mode, ERROR RUNNING SCRIPT statement executed

I understand it occurs because /append qualifier tries to append data along a time axis. Search into documentation I found

Example 4—multiple slabs
http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/FERRET_17sep07/Documentation/Users_Guide/v607/Chapter10_Converting_to_NetCDF.htm#Chapter10-NetCDF%20append

Following that, I'll try some effort to write a Ferret script that defines a horizontal grid based on file names.

Obviously I would like to use a easiest way to generate one NetCDF file from many .ght SRTM data files.

Cheers,
Paulo.