Re: [ferret_users] nc2mc.sh

Thank you so much! I have a question: Can we change
name of axes (x,y,z,t) within a nc file?  I have a way
to change name of axes, I first convert nc file into
ascii, then convert ascii to nc file by explicitly
define the axes (so the name of axes are the same).
However using this way, it takes a long long time
since I have 1300 nc files and each file has a size of
380MB.

Happy Holiday!

Yangxing
--- Ryo Furue <furue@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> | The list of files in this script is simply
> generated with
> | set list0 = `echo *$namefrag*.nc`, i.e., the order
> of files is
> | determined by the way how the tc-shell  expands
> the '*'.
>
> You can build a list of filenames a.1.nc, a.2.nc, .
> . . , a.100.nc
> by
>
>   set list0 = ''
>   foreach n ( `seq 1 100` )
>     set list0 = "$list0 a.$n.nc"
>   end
>
> assuming the "seq" command is available.  For your
> information,
> "seq -w 1 100" will give you "a.001.nc, a.002.nc, .
> . . , a.100.nc".
>
> Cheers,
> Ryo

Looking for last minute shopping deals?