[ferret_users] monthly_average_runoff

Dear ferret users,

I am a novice to ferret and I am stuck with a simple problem.

I am using ferret FERRET v5.81  on
       Linux(g77) 2.4.21-32 - 07/13/05

What I want to do is to get monthly average values of the 100 years
runoff data. My file has global gridded data with 1200 time steps (100
year monthly data). To get average looks simple if I just average over
continuous time interval eg. t=1:12 or t=1:1200 or so on. However,
what I exactly want to do is to get average for every month, so I need
to average data for t=1,13,25,37,... at every 12 time step increment.

I would be really grateful if you could let me know some way out for this.

Thanking you all a lot in advance.

Regards,
YP