Re: [ferret_users] problem in reading .mc files.

Hi,
I'm not sure what more to suggest. If you look at that file for time 21 with ncdump, is there anything different about the way the variable temp is specified?

You might try one of these tools for creating the descriptor file that's listed in Chapter 10.4.1 of the Ferret documentation:
 http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/documentation/users-guide/converting-to-netcdf/CREATING-A-MULTI-FILE-NETCDF-DATA-SET#_VPID_367

You give the tool a list of your files and it'll check their time information and write the .mc file.

Ansley

yangxing zheng wrote:
Hi,

     Thank you for kind help. Ansley, I try your way,
using
repeat/l=1:22 shade temp
it stops at l=21. It can not plot temp, however, if I
plot u first,
yes?shade u
then I plot temp at l=21 again,
yes?shade temp
it works! It is really surpring to me about ferret
working.
P.S.: I using the individual cdf file (l=21), it has
no problem to plot temp

The following is what I try:
yes? set region/k=1/x=110w:100w/x=10s:0
yes? repeat/l=1:22 shade temp
!-> REPEAT: L=15
!-> REPEAT: L=16
!-> REPEAT: L=17
!-> REPEAT: L=18
!-> REPEAT: L=19
!-> REPEAT: L=20
!-> REPEAT: L=21
 ** netCDF error: Variable not found
shade temp
Command file, command group, or REPEAT execution
aborted
yes? set region/l=21
yes? shade temp
 ** netCDF error: Variable not found
yes? shade u
yes? shade temp

Do you think it is a bug for ferret v5.70 Mac OS?