Re: [ferret_users] problem in reading .mc files.

Hi Yangxing,
Accessing data in Ferret occurs in several stages. The command
yes? set data test.mc
reads the .mc file to see what's in there, and it uses that information to create the time axis. Then the first file is opened, and information about the other axes and the variables is stored from what's in that file. This is all that has happened at the point where you do a SHOW DATA command. The other stepfiles are opened and read only when data from them is required by the other commands - plot, shade, load, or other commands that produce an output.

I wonder if one of the step files is missing the variable TEMP.  Since you're seeing the error in the first 100 time steps, you could try:
yes? cancel region
yes? repeat/L=1:100 (shade/x=110w:80w/y=10s:10n/k=1 temp)
And see if you hit an error message.

yangxing zheng wrote:
Thank all of you for prompt response. Now I include
the .mc file to diagnose what the problem is.
--- Roman Tonkonojenkov <romantonk@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Yangxing,

Maybe a stupid remark, but I had similar problems in
the past and
at least in one instance I was using the wrong case
(i.e. the variable was
TEMP instead of temp). I don't think it is the issue
with you,
but at least try it
Cheers,
Roman

On Tue, Nov 13, 2007 06:39 PM, yangxing zheng