[ferret_users] Mac Ferret "forgets" some external functions ... workaround

Here's a hint for users of Ferret on Macs. This applies to the current Mac version, which is v5.70 (alpha), and I have seen the problem on both PPC and Intel Macs.

Ferret occasionally "forgets" about some of the external functions, even though I think they have been compiled into the bundle. The ones I notice particularly are ZAXREPLACE (and its sisters) and DAYS1900TOYMDHMS and other date functions. Probably there are more that I have not noticed. The functions appear to be simply gone from Ferret (i.e. they do not appear in response to SHO FUNC).

The solution is straightforward:
1) Quit Ferret
2) Bring up an xterm window
3) Type "rehash" in the xterm
4) Restart Ferret

Why this works I don't know, nor do I understand the error, but at least here is a workaround.

Billy K