Re: [ferret_users] how to extend variable to the whole time axis

Hi Dawn,
                  Eventhough your variable "msk" does not vary along time, it may have a valid time axis with single point. Use
show data or show grid commands to check that. If there is no time information for "msk", you should be able to use
masked u at L=2 without any problem.

Solutions :

  define u1 as u*msk[l=1]   ! preffered method, whatever may be the L specified for U, msk will have always L=1 information

or you can reshape the msk variable to a grid with does not have any time axis information (not preffered)
or you can even regrid the msk variable onto u variables grid (not preffered, will take significant amount of time).

Jaison

On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 15:30:37 -0700 (PDT), ferret ocean wrote

--
Centre for Atmospheric
      and

believed to be clean.