Re: [ferret_users] color-filled contour smoothing

If you have extremely sharp peaks, it would be much better to plot the log of your data. Billy K

On 12Oct 2007, at 10:43 AM, Peter Szabo wrote:

Hi,
With CONSET I could make the lines smoother, but I just cannot do anything with the colors on a map to be smoother. I have found out how to make the labels to be perfect, so I just want the Ferret to "paint a better picture". I tried the @SBX, @SBN etc., they work fine, but I am dealing with extreme indices on a 2-D region, so do not want to loose their meanings with the
smoother operator.
I tried this one also:
-----------
contour/line/set/levels=(0,250,25) x20
ppl conset ,,5,,,,,5,,
ppl contour

let ax20=if x20 ge 0 and x20 lt 25 then x20 else 0
let bx20=if x20 ge 25 and x20 lt 50 then x20 else 0

go fill_between poly/over/nolab/palette=x201 0 newx ax20
go fill_between poly/over/nolab/palette=x202 ax20 newx bx20
But this does not work for me :(
Peter Szabo