Re: [ferret_users] color-filled contour smoothing

Hi Peter,
Try it this way:
fill/set/levels=(0,250,25) x20
ppl conset ,,5,,,,,5,,
ppl fill

! /levels alone uses the same levels as the last command
contour/line/over/set/levels x20
ppl conset ,,5,,,,,5,,
ppl contour/over
It's my understanding that the two methods use the same underlying technique for interpolating the data onto the plot, so that the lines should match the color fill.With the tests I've made, this looks like it's the case, but for the data I was trying, I don't see that CONSET makes a difference.  Let us know how it looks.

Peter Szabo wrote:
Hi,
With CONSET I could make the lines smoother, but I just cannot do anything
with the colors on a map to be smoother. I have found out how to make the
labels to be perfect, so I just want the Ferret to "paint a better picture".
I tried the @SBX, @SBN etc., they work fine, but I am dealing with extreme
indices on a 2-D region, so do not want to loose their meanings with the
smoother operator.
I tried this one also:
-----------
contour/line/set/levels=(0,250,25) x20
ppl conset ,,5,,,,,5,,
ppl contour

let ax20=if x20 ge 0 and x20 lt 25 then x20 else 0
let bx20=if x20 ge 25 and x20 lt 50 then x20 else 0

go fill_between poly/over/nolab/palette=x201 0 newx ax20
go fill_between poly/over/nolab/palette=x202 ax20 newx bx20
But this does not work for me :(
Peter Szabo