Re: [ferret_users] color-filled contour smoothing

I'm not sure I quite understand the question, but try adding the command PPL CONTOUR/OVER at the end of your final example. What do you mean by "smoothing". I don't think CONSET has anything to do with smoothing.

The use of those old PPL settings (argument CAY to CONSET) work only on the line-drawing routines. No one has thought about them for more than 20 years. Much better to do smoothing on the data itself using the Ferret transformations @SBX, @SPZ, etc. If nothing else, the Ferret transformations are documented and the smoothing quantifiable, whereas what CAY does is is unpredictable.

Billy K