Re: [ferret_users] overlay symbols on new grid

Hi Dan,

| I am trying to overlay symbols on my line plot for normalized
| horizontal wind speed (u/u0) across a shelterbelt region.  The
| problem comes with my reformatted axes in the x and z coordinates as
| I am normalizing the original coordinate (m) by the height of my
| windbreak (H=10m).  My model domain has a dx of 1.5 m and a
| dz of 1.0 m so that is why in the jnl file the increments are
| different for creating my normalized x and z axes.  Ferret does not
| overlay the symbols directly on my 'wsp' curve. (see figure).  How
| do I best set up my normalized grid using the @asn transformation
| (or any other technique) if I also want to
| overlay symbols on my line plots?

I'm not sure if I understand your problem correctly, but,
guessing your intention, I modified your script like this:

  !--- opart2.jnl ---
  use onlywsp.nc

  define axis/x=-60:100.2:0.15 x2
  define axis/z=0.03:30.03:0.1 z2
  define grid/like=wsp/x=x2/z=z2 gxz2

  let newwsp = wsp[g=gxz2@asn]
  plot/k=2/x=-60:105 newwsp
  plot/sym=02/k=2/x=-60:105/ov newwsp[x=-60:100.2:5]

and obtained the attached plot.  I guess you wanted
the line and symbols align?

Hope this helps,
Ryo
use onlywsp.nc

define axis/x=-60:100.2:0.15 x2
define axis/z=0.03:30.03:0.1 z2
define grid/like=wsp/x=x2/z=z2 gxz2

let newwsp = wsp[g=gxz2@asn]
plot/k=2/x=-60:105 newwsp
plot/sym=02/k=2/x=-60:105/ov newwsp[x=-60:100.2:5]

GIF image