Re: [ferret_users] Monthly means

Hi Ashley,
There is an example in the Users Guide (if you know where to find it)! Look up "monthly axis, creating" for an example of how to create a true monthly time axis. If you use the default calendar, leap years will be taken into account.

Ansley

Ashley Watson wrote:
Hi ferreters,
I have daily data from 1st Oct, 1998 to 30th Sep, 1999. (see below). I am wondering how to caculate true monthly means from this data. By true monthly means, I mean monthly means of Jan, Feb, Mar .... should be means of 31, 28, 31 .... days respectively. At the moment, I am dealing with only one year, but in future I need to deal with multi-year data, So I have to consider leap years too.
I consulted user guide and FAQ, but couldn't get much help.

yes? use dalilyTemp.nc
yes? show data
     currently SET data sets:
    1> ./ dalilyTemp.nc (default)
name title I J K L
 Temp    Daily Temp              1:106     1:76      ...       1:365

Thanks in advance,
Ashley