[ferret_users] z axis

Title: z axis

Dear Ferreters,

I got a NetCDF file in 4D (x,y,z,time) including one variable. In the file, the 20 z levels are spaced equally for each (x,y) grid point (I used the simple commmand "define axis/z=1:20:1 zx" to define my grid).

However, in the original ASCII file used to get this 4D NetCDF file, z are not spaced equally. I have the 3D (x,y,z) NetCDF file that contains as a variable the varying z levels.

I'd be interested to know how I could replace my simple z axis in the 4D file by the varying z levels contained in my 3D file.

Thanks in advance for any enlightment