Re: [ferret_users] first couple of eofs only using eof_space, eof_tfunc

Fabian Lienert wrote:
Hi Ferreters,

Is it possible to calculate only the first couple of EOFs using
the functions eof_space and eof_tfunc?

Or is it necessary to know all EOFs in order to judge which one is of first importance?

I get an error in efcn_compute() while allocating 570MB of memory while
analyzing 3960 months of SSTs in the northern Pacific.

I understand now, that one needs to calculate all EOFs.
I have 3960 months of a 134 by 89 points domain of data.
The max amount of memory of the covariance matrix should be
134*89*(32 bit), 48MB, right?

But Ferret's eof_space function wants all the 3-dim data from the start.
Is the source code of the eof functions available? I could have a crack
at it.
Ferret v6.05 is installed on a debian stable system with 1.5 GB of RAM and 1 GB of swap space. Memory size was set up to 550 words.

Thank you.
Fabian
--
Fabian Lienert