Re: [ferret_users] stretched 2d grid

Hi Jimmy,
Another thing you could look at, to decimate the data along some direction, is striding when you read  the data, if it's in a netCDF file. If you're using Ferret v6.02 or higher, there's simple syntax which changes the way the axis appears to be defined for the entire Ferret session, see
http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/Documentation/Release_Notes/v602.html#native_strides

Or, with any version of Ferret, if you have a variable on an x axis, you can specify strides as follows (see "strides, netCDF discussion" in the Users Guide index)
yes? use my_data.nc
yes? let nx = `var,return=isize`
yes? plot/dash var[i=1:`nx`:10]
jimmyc@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
All-
I have a stretched grid in the x direction. I am using the plot commands. I was trying to make a series of overlays of 1 variable. The problems are:
1. dashed lines don't work because of the variable grid spacing (primarily because the spacing is so small that the dashes overlap);
2. symbols gave the same problem.

Is there a way, besides regridding to a regular axis, to skip points on the x axis using plot? or even to control how often the symbols appear?

Does plot have something similar to x and yskip in vector?
Thanks for any insight.