Re: [ferret_users] Fedora Core 7

Hi Roland,
 Here is the error message/library I am missing:

ferret: error while loading shared libraries: libXp.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Steve

Quoting Roland Schweitzer <Roland.Schweitzer@xxxxxxxx>:

Hi,

Stephen R. Guimond wrote:
Hello,
I just had Fedora Core 7 installed on my computer and tried installing Ferret 32-bit Linux but got a shared library error.
Which shared library or libraries are missing? If it happens to be libstdc++.so.5 then you can install the compat-libstdc++33 package.

There's a note about it here: http://www.pmel.noaa.gov/maillists/tmap/ferret_users/fu_2007/msg00447.html

If there are other libraries missing send the details to the list and we can help you track down the packages you need to install.

  I tried installing the static version of Ferret and got this message:

/usr/local/ferret/bin/ferret: Exec format error. Wrong Architecture.

Any suggestions?
The static build that's available is for 64-bit machines. I'm pretty sure we can get you going with the shared library build. :-)

Roland

Steve

Stephen R. Guimond
Graduate Research Assistant
Center for Ocean-Atmospheric Prediction Studies (COAPS)
Tallahassee, FL 32304