Re: [ferret_users] how to convert decimal date to date and time

Hi Yogesh,
            To have a better answer to your question, please give the
following basic details :

   1. In 2006.121918, what does the ".121918" stands for? does it mean
       month=12, day=19, hours=18?

       or is it a fraction found by deviding month, day, hour, minute and
       second with the year length and adding together?

   2. What is the calendar type? Julian, Gregorian, Noleap ....?

   3. What all other variables you have in the ascii file? Please provide
         the first few datalines.

Regards,

Jaison

On Tue, 7 Aug 2007, Yogesh Tiwari wrote:

> Hello Ferret Users,
>
> I have an ASCII file in which one column represents decimal date, something
> like  2006.121918
>
> I want to convert  this decimal date in equivalent date in the format YYYY
> mm dd hr min sec
>  and write separate six columns.
>
> Is it possible in ferret ?
>
> Thanks,