[ferret_users] ppl xfor stops working.

Hi Ferret users,

I seem to have lost the ability of changing xfor.
The following ferret session produced the attached plot,
where the horizontal axis shows "50LONW", "100LONW", etc.!

  bash$ ferret
   	NOAA/PMEL TMAP
   	FERRET v6.02
   	Linux(g77) 2.4.21-32 - 04/30/07
   	 3-Aug-07 12:19

  set mode grat:dash
  yes? use coads_climatology
  yes? SHADE/L=1/SET sst
  yes? PPL XFOR (i5, ''LONW'')
  yes? PPL shade
  yes? frame/file=xfor-lonw.gif
  yes? quit
  bash$

I took this example from "Appendix B Sec9.91" of
"FERRET USER'S GUIDE Version 6.02".  Is this one of the things fixed
in the latest version of Ferret?

Also, I've been wondering if it's possible to have labels like
"40S", "20S", . . . , "20N", "40N" without the degree symbol "^o" ?
Labels with the degree symbol are more elegant, but when you pursue
legibility while trying to squeeze useless blank space out of your
plot, you sometimes want to get rid of the degree symbol.  (OK, we
can do that by printing the labels using the LABEL command one by one,
but . . . )

Regards,
Ryo

GIF image