Re: [ferret_users] 6.04 32 bit static available?

Steve,

The tar bundle with the static build was just updated this morning so you might want to try it again.

I ran into the same issue with shared library build on my CentOS 4 system and was able to get it to work by installing the compat-libstdc++-33.i386 package which supplied the missing libstdc++.so.5 library.

Roland

Steve Cousins wrote:

I'm trying to load ferret on an older system, but with a new OS (FC6) and the regular 32-bit LINUX version is not working:

# ferret ferret: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5: version `GLIBCPP_3.2.2' not found (required by ferret) ferret: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5: version `CXXABI_1.2' not found (required by ferret) ferret: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5: version `GLIBCPP_3.2' not found (required by ferret)

This has libstdc++.so.6 but not .5 so I sym-linked .5 to .6 in attempt to get it to work but no luck.

So, I tried the static version but it is a 64 bit binary so also won't work.

Thanks,

Steve

--
The contents of this message are mine personally and do not necessarily reflect any position of the Government or the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.