[ferret_users]

Dear Friends,

I am trying to find the correlation between two global datasets. I have two data
files: one an ASCII file which contains un-gridded data (7 columns: latitude,
longitude, species1, species2,species3,species4,species5). The second one is a
gridded netcdf file, but a irregular grid (more resolution near the equator). I
want to compare both datasets. I tried to use samplexy_closest function to
change the gridded data:

yes? use model_output.nc
yes? file/var="lat,lon,species1,species2,species3,species4,species5"
my_data_file.dat
yes? LET slant_pachy =
samplexy_closest(species1[x=-180:180,y=-90:90,d=1,l=@ave],lon[d=2],lat[d=2])

I get the following error:

"Bailing out of external function "samplexy_closest":
        cannot handle MODULO axis that is not regular"

Does anyone know which is the problem? The function samplexy can not handle
irregular grids?
And the most important, does anyone know how can I compare and get a correlation
coefficient between both datasets?
Thanks,

igaratza