Re: [ferret_users] [ferret users] add_connect: too many connects, cannot add another

Hi group,

At the moment I cannot search the archive, but are wondering if there is a simple way around the following error:

add_connect: too many connects, cannot add another

 ** netCDF error: NCSYSERR

 is this a CDF file ?

when I try to add a 33 netcdf file to the session? Presumably it is some kind of limit? I would like to have all sets available at once if possible, without having to modify them?

Hi Mark,

You can either save your data after some steps of processing it. For instance save the winter temperatures using monthly mean data:

let tas_djf = (tas[d=1]+tas[d=2]+tas[d=3])/3
save/clobber/file="winter.nc" tas_djf

Then restart Ferret and load winter.nc in order to save file connections.

Or you need to create .des text files that describe the input netCDF files to be loaded and place them on a time axis. On Linux, this file looks like the input_descriptor_file.des below.
Then load the .des file only:
set data input_descriptor_file.des

Good luck,

Fabian