Re: [ferret_users] vertical cross section along a ship track

Hi Aleksi,
             Still some basic details are missing and hence it is
difficult to give a neat answer to your question. If you have
provided the results of "show data" and "show grid V" commands, it
must have been much more easier to suggest a solution. Here are some
points (based on your first mail), which will help you :

1. What is the data format ? If it is ASCII, how did you load/read
       the data in Ferret? Have you used any GRID (like FILE/GRID=)?

2. What are the dimensions/grid of the variable "V"? (output of
       "show data" and "show grid V" commands; output of "ncdump -c"
        is also usefull, if the data is in NetCDF format).

3. The result of slantV=SAMPLEXY(V,xtrack,ytrack), will have a
        X-axis and T/Z depending on its initial/original grid.
        Assume that it does have only Z-axis. Now the X-axis of
        "slantV" will not have a proper definition as it is abstract,
        resulting from the SAMPLEXY function. So define a new X-axis
        and assign it using "@ASN" regridding. Here the number of
        points should be equal to number of "xtrack" (="ytrack");
        let it be 50 :

           define axis/x=1:50:1 xpoints

           let V_track = slantV[gx=xpoints@ASN]

           FILL/levels=...../vlim=.... V_track

       You can also use the RESHAPE command to this effect.

If you have any questions on above explanation, please mail back to
the list with answers to points 1 and 2 above.

Regards,

Jaison