Re: [ferret_users] how to get marking on the peaks in fft

Hi,
A script should be able to do this; one would identify the peaks using transformations, such as @DDF and @EVNT.  A change in sign of @DDF from positive to negative indicates a peak.  For instance, take a look at this variable, if fft_var is the FFT that you are plotting.

yes? LET fft_ddf = IF fft_var[t=@ddf] LT 0 THEN 1 ELSE 0

This doesn't give the answer you want, but I hope will get you started, you will need more transformations to do the whole job. The idea will be to set up a variable which is 1 at the peaks you want to mark.  Then do a REPEAT loop over the times and when this new variable is 1 make a label.

Ansley

golla nageswararao wrote:
Hi all,
  I have time series data of currents at particular location. I did fft of that. I want to know the peak's values correctly. I had used label command to know the peak's values as shown in the figure. But I dont want to label manually the values of that peaks. I want to do the marking automatically while plotting itself. I think u all understood what I am asking? Any help is appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

From,
G.Nageswara Rao,
Research Scholar,
INCOIS,
Jeeidmetla,
Hyderabad.

Office firewalls, cyber cafes, college labs, don't allow you to download CHAT? Here's a solution!

--

Ansley Manke, NOAA/PMEL   ansley.b.manke@xxxxxxxx
7600 Sand Point Way NE, Seattle WA
Phone 206-526-6246,  FAX 206-526-6744