Re: [ferret_users] OPeNDAP broken in version 6 on RH Enterprise 5

Hi Mike,
I can't reach that data set either, via a browser or older Ferret executables. Is the the DODS server off-line?  Try for instance

  yes? use "http://iridl.ldeo.columbia.edu/SOURCES/.COADS/.mean/.sst/dods"

Ansley

McCann, Mike wrote:
Hello,

We've just installed a new Linux 64-bit server running RH EL 5.  We installed the statically-linked version of Ferret and are not able to load data from OPeNDAP URLs, e.g.:
> ferret
        NOAA/PMEL TMAP
        FERRET v6.02
        Linux(g77) 2.4.21-32 - 05/07/07
        10-May-07 14:23
yes? use "http://dods.mbari.org/cgi-bin/nph-nc/data/OASISdata/netcdf/dailyAveragedM1.nc"
 **netCDF error
             Unknown error 1001 (OPeNDAP/netCDF Error code 1001)
             Data set: http://dods.mbari.org/cgi-bin/nph-nc/data/OASISdata/netcdf/dailyAveragedM1.nc

It does load netCDF files fine.  Version 6 gives the same results. Are we missing something in our install or is something else wrong?

-Mike

--
Mike McCann
Software Engineer